Tillicoultry Quarries - Vacancies
Transport Manager - Tulliallan, Kincardine, FK10 4DT
Due to our continued success and rapid growth and excellent opportunity has arisen for a Transport Manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will have full accountability for the day to day management of the transport operations across central Scotland. You will be customer focused while ensuring legal compliance, service and quality standards are met and maintained, and performance is maximised, while maintaining the highest standards of health and safety at all times. You will be a team player and be committed to delivering our company values.
Tillicoultry Quarries currently have a fleet of Scania vehicles including articulated mixers, flat beds, low loaders, tipping trailers, tankers and 6 and 8 wheel tippers and mixers. On average our vehicles are under 2 years old and come with a full maintenance package. We currently have an MOT pass rate of 100% and a green OCRS score.
Key Duties Include:
- To ensure the business adheres to all legal requirements, i.e. driver hours, working time, all aspects of transport legislation and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Planning and organisation of manpower and vehicles to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Manage and administer all aspects of our Operator Licence
- To ensure that all vehicles are maintained, serviced, and inspected, i.e. MOT is up-to-date and records kept in line with audit standards and transport regulations.
- Day to day management of drivers, developing and training team members to required level of competence while encouraging a positive culture in line with TQ’s company values.
- Analysing various types of data to improve performance and increase efficiency.
As our Transport Manager, it is essential that you have:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the transport industry preferably within the construction sector.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing and leading teams.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the business.
- Excellent organisational, time management and delegation skills.
- Holder of a Valid CPC in Road Haulage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of driver hours and WTD regulations
- Comprehensive Understanding of Transport Regulations.
- Excellent IT Skills, Word, Excel, Outlook.
Possession of a HGV Class 1 license is desirable but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil a vital role within a fast growing and successful business. We offer a competitive remuneration package, company car, CPD and training opportunities.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
HGV Drivers - Newtongrange
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an HGV Driver at our Newtongrange Site based in Dalkeith, Edinburgh.
This opportunity attract a competitive rate of pay which includes enhanced rates for overtime and 10 day’s holiday over the Christmas period. Tillicoultry Quarries also operates with new Scania vehicles and offers excellent training and career progression opportunities.
Who we are looking for
It is essential that successful candidates have:
- CPC card and full 35hrs
- Experience working with digital tachographs.
- Strong awareness of Driver Regulations specifically relating to Driver Hours & Working Time Regulations.
- A keen interest and commitment to Health and Safety, and Environmental matters.
- A willingness to work under pressure in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- A flexible approach to working hours and willingness to work regular overtime to meet the needs of the business when required.
- Strong work ethic, and commitment to delivering quality standards to our customers.
Mixer, tipper and articulated experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work within a well-established, and growing company, in a team orientated environment please forward your CV with covering letter