31 Mar Field Service Engineer, Central Scotland
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 25 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England, and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to cover our sites based in Central Scotland. TQ operate a large fleet of Volvo, Cat, Marubeni heavy earthmoving equipment and a range of mobile crushing and screening equipment.
- Ensure all duties carried out to Company Health and Safety Policy and Guidelines
- Routine Servicing and maintenance of the Earthmoving Equipment
- Breakdown & Defect repair
- Fault finding analysis and diagnosis, identify parts for replacement.
- Ensure Company Vehicles and Equipment maintained in a safe, clean, and tidy manner.
The successful candidate
- Experience working in the extractive’s environment.
- Experience in maintaining wide range of heavy earthmoving plant, crushing & screening equipment.
- Qualified in all aspect of Mobile Plant Maintenance.
- Good Planning and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent Communication skills – able to communicate effectively in order to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – can identify the problem and generate a solution in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Flexible approach to work – able to go that extra mile when required and revise approach to meet operational requirements.
- Hold a recognised Industry qualification. Minimum of SVQ Level 3 in Construction Plant Maintenance.
Our people are at the heart of our business, we offer excellent training, development, and career progression opportunities.
This role is:
- Full time, permanent
- Attracts regular overtime at an enhanced rate.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org