14 Apr Health, Safety and Environment Manager – Scotland
Due to our continued success and rapid growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join our business and work in collaboration with our teams based in Scotland.
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render, cement and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We currently operate at over 28 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is a team player, and who can play a key role in maintaining and promoting our positive health and safety culture where all of our teams understand and respond to their responsibility to manage health, safety and environmental matters in the workplace.
Our HSE Manager will support the business to meet its regulatory health and safety responsibilities and collaborate with different functions of our business to discover opportunities for continuous improvement. You will provide professional and proactive safety and environmental advice across the business, drive safety standards and be committed to improving standards across the business.
As our Health, Safety and Environmental Manager it is essential that you have:
- A passion and enthusiasm for Health and Safety and delivering continuous improvement to safety standards.
- Health, Safety and Environmental experience within a similar industry.
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification.
- Excellent communication skills and ability articulate yourself in a professional manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels within our business to add value through decision making and problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to demonstrate a compliant, logical and methodical approach.
- Willingness to participate in CPD and develop professional qualifications within the Health, Safety and Environmental field.