23 Sep Shipper/Planner – Middlesbrough, TS6 6UJ
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 25 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth and excellent opportunity has arisen for a Shipper/Planner based in Middlesbrough to cover our RMX Concrete Plants in the Teeside area. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well a part of a team in a busy office environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We will provide you with an opportunity to gaining vocational qualifications within 12 months of starting employment with us!
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
Key Duties Include:
- Operating the weighbridge, matching and filing weighbridge tickets.
- Planning and organisation of vehicles to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Dealing with general customer enquiries, i.e. orders, deliveries.
- Assist with scheduling in line with customer delivery requirements.
- Liaise with other sites regarding customer requirements.
- General office administration, filing, data input, checking emails.
Who we are looking for:
As our Transport Planner it is essential that you have:
- Experience working in an administration role.
- Polite and professional and courteous approach to dealing with customers.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Excellent IT Skills, Word, Excel, Outlook.
Experience working in a similar role within the construction industry would be advantageous but is not essential. This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com