10 Dec HGV Mechanic – TULLIALLAN, KINCARDINE ON FORTH
We are a successful and fast-growing family owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 25 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth we are looking for an HGV Mechanic to join our team based at Tulliallan and reporting to the Transport Manager.
- Carry out and arrange routine and statutory inspections, maintenance and repairs to VOSA standards.
- Service scheduling and preparation of vehicles for MOT Testing.
- Fault finding and experience in vehicle diagnostics.
- Ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and safe working practices are adhered to.
- Ensure all vehicle records are maintained to the required standards.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure necessary parts are available.
- Tyre Management
The successful candidate
- Extensive mechanical knowledge and experience working with HGV’s.
- Experience working with heavy plant equipment
- A willingness to work under pressure in a challenging, fast paced environment
- A flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to work regular overtime to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on their own initiative as required.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to delivering quality standards to our customers.
- Full driving license. Class 1 / 2 license would be advantageous but not essential.
- SVQ Level 3 in Construction Plant Maintenance is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Our people are at the heart of our business, we look out for each other, and offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities, as well as job security and an inclusive and safe working environment.
This role is:
- Full time, permanent
- Attracts regular overtime at an enhanced rate.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com