03 May HR Assistant – Northfield, Denny, FK6 6RB
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render, cement and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We currently operate at over 28 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for an HR Assistant to join our business and help us continue to build our service legacy. Reporting to the HR Manager you will provide full generalist HR support across the full HR function. This will include providing advice and support to managers with recruitment, employee training and development, talent management, employee relations and employee engagement activities.
We are looking for candidates who are motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work efficiently and to their own initiative in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communications skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels across the business is essential.
Up to date knowledge of current and future employment legislation and best practice is essential as is a flexible approach towards working practices. This role will require you to be adaptable, dynamic and think outside the box.
The successful candidate will be based in Central Scotland but will be required to travel to our sites as and when required providing a great opportunity to build relationships and engage with our workforce.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a progressive, innovative organisation that invests in its people as well as the opportunity for training, development and career progression.
Duties involved in this role will include:
- Providing support on all resourcing activities including creating job specifications, placing job adverts cost effectively, making offers of employment and the preparation of contractual documentation.
- Providing best practice ER advice and support to managers and escalating complex cases to the HR Manager.
- Facilitation and administration of training activities across the business.
- Working with the HR Manager to ensure HR policies and procedures comply with legislative requirements.
- Managing your own performance and development and keeping up to date with changes to legislation.
- Working with the HR manager and line managers to ensure employee development and talent management activities are progressing.
- Working with the HR Manager on employee engagement activities such as the company newsletter, suggestion box scheme, employee wellbeing initiatives.
- Various other general administration tasks and assistance with HR projects as directed.
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have:
- Proven track record working in a similar HR generalist role.
- Good knowledge of employment legislation and best practice.
- Experience providing generalist advice and support to managers and highlighting areas of risk.
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to engage in personal development and training activities.
- Possession of an HR Qualification at CIPD Level 3 as a minimum or working towards this.
- Excellent administration, attention to detail & organisational skills with the ability to deal with a very busy workload effectively.
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently when required.
- Solid IT skills including the use of the MS Office suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team at all levels within the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing family business which has a clear focus on investing in people and continuous improvement. If you are looking to develop your HR career in a creative and innovative environment, please send a covering letter and up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org