28 Oct Trainee Site Operative – Clydebridge, G73 1PT
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 32 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Site Operative based at our Clydebridge plant. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well as part of a team in a busy site environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We will provide you with an opportunity to gaining vocational qualifications within 12 months of starting employment with us!
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
Key Duties Include:
- Mobile and fixed plant operations – loading of hoppers, managing stock piles
- Assist in all duties related to day to day running of site
- All other duties as required
As our Trainee Site Operative, it is essential that you have:
- A keen interest and commitment to Health and Safety and Environmental matters
- A willingness to work under pressure in a challenging, fast paced environment
- A flexible approach to working hours and willingness to work regular overtime to meet the needs of the business when required
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually when required
- Strong work ethic and commitment to delivering quality standards to our customers
- Full driving license
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org