19 Feb Transport Manager/Supervisor – Tulliallan, Kincardine, FK10 4DT
Tulliallan – Kincardine
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 25 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth, we are looking for a Transport Manager/Supervisor to join our team based at our Head Office in Tulliallan, and reporting to the Site Manager.
The successful candidate will have full accountability for the day-to-day management of the transport operations across central Scotland. You will be customer focused while ensuring legal compliance, service and quality standards are met and maintained, and performance is maximised, while maintaining the highest standards of health and safety at all times. You will be a team player and be committed to delivering our company values.
Tillicoultry Quarries currently have a fleet of over 50 Scania vehicles including articulated mixers, flat beds, low loaders, tipping trailers, tankers and 6- and 8-wheel tippers and mixers. On average our vehicles are under 3 years old and come with a full maintenance package. We currently have an MOT pass rate of 100% and a green OCRS score.
Key Duties Include:
- To ensure the business adheres to all legal requirements, i.e., driver hours, working time, all aspects of transport legislation and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Planning and organisation of manpower and vehicles to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Manage and administer all aspects of our Operator License.
- To ensure that all vehicles are maintained, serviced, and inspected, i.e., MOT is up-to-date and records kept in line with audit standards and transport regulations.
- Day to day management of drivers, developing and training team members to required level of competence while encouraging a positive culture in line with TQ’s company values.
- Analysing various types of data to improve performance and increase efficiency.
- Management of defects including planning, repairs, and sourcing parts
As our Transport Manager / Supervisor, it is essential that you have:
- Experience working in the transport industry preferably within the construction sector.
- Experience managing and leading teams.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the business.
- Excellent organisational, time management and delegation skills.
- Holder of a Valid CPC in Road Haulage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of driver hours and WTD regulations
- Comprehensive Understanding of Transport Regulations.
- Excellent IT Skills, Word, Excel, Outlook.
Possession of an HGV Class C or C+E license is desirable but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil a vital role within a fast growing and successful business. We offer a competitive remuneration package, CPD and training opportunities.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org